Tuesday, January 15 and Wednesday, January 16 and Thursday, January 17, Week 2
Working overtime to try to crank out a CAD for our arm.
On Wednesday night, we had a design review for the arm. The main points we got out of it were:
- Should move main gearbox lower to lower our center of gravity
- Should spread the triangles to
- Support bearings better
- Get rid of bottom 1×1 tubings because they are not doing much, and mount directly to robot chassis
- Figure out how to tension the chain
Intake prototyping is going very well. Currently, we have 2 main designs.
- Only top rollers with ramps underneath. Hatch velcro above it. Can only intake on one side. Seen below.
- Pistons push intake arms out to increase size to use velcro wheels to intake and place hatch panels. CAD seen below.
Videos for intake prototype #1: https://photos.app.goo.gl/9mrV6jPRs9xk5hRNA
The climber group has been working on determining which pistons to use and how to mount them. We are thinking that they will go between the wheel wells.