Final Intake Design Review and Arm Assembly

Saturday, January 26, Week 3

Intake

Design review notes:

  • Both prototypes had good cargo intakes.
  • We learned Velcro is very unreliable and we will probably need a new hatch mechanism.
  • We are not sure which hatch mechanism to go with but the current options are: arrowhead, a claw/grabber (not yet prototyped), and a piston type grabber.
  • Decided to move forward with “Mr. Rightside” because we can combine its cargo mechanism with almost any hatch mechanism.

Arm

We finished cutting out one of the gearbox plates on the Shopbot. We also still waiting for many of our parts for the gearbox from Vexpro. Furthermore, we still need to make an order to McMaster-Carr for hardstop parts, certain lengths of #10 bolts, and tubing for the arm.

We also made our arm spacers.

Arm Assembly Progress
Love this gearbox plate ❤
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a website or blog at WordPress.com

Up ↑

Create your website at WordPress.com
Get started
%d bloggers like this: